The Municipal Court is located inside Jonesboro City Center located at:
1859 City Center Way Contact:
Jonesboro, GA 30236
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – (770) 478-7407
Court Administrator – Shenika Wright
Deputy Clerk – A'Lexus Terrell
The Municipal Court handles misdemeanors, traffic violations, and city ordinance violations.
The following offenses require a court appearance:
- Driving while unlicensed, suspended or expired
- No Insurance
- Suspended/Revoked Registration
- Hit and Run/Fleeing Accident
- Reckless Driving
- Possession of Marijuana
- City Ordinances
- In person during business hours, Mon-Fri, with cash, money order, cashier's check or credit card
- Online: Pay Traffic Ticket
- Phone: (678) 359-2783
- Mail money order to the address above; please reference your name and citation number on check. Make payable to: City of Jonesboro Municipal Court
If you are appearing in court, you should dress appropriately and in a manner that shows respect for the court.
Please note the following attire is not appropriate in a courtroom setting: Miniskirts or shorts, Ripped or torn jeans exposing skin/body parts, Flip flops, Sunglasses (unless prescribed), Hats inside the courtroom (except those worn for religious purposes), T-shirts depicting violence, sexual acts, profanity, or illegal drugs, Baggy pants that fall below the waist, Tube or halter tops/spaghetti straps/plunging necklines/midriffs. Muscle shirts (usually worn as undergarments).
- No weapons (guns, knives, aerosol sprayers, razor blades, needles etc.)
- Any items construed as a potential weapons may also be taken by court security
The parking lot for court appearance is located in front of the building at Jonesboro City Center.