The Municipal Court is located upstairs in the Jonesboro
1859 City Center Way
Jonesboro, GA 30236
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – (770) 478-7407
Court Administrator – Shenika Wright ext. 113
Deputy Clerk – Marissa Mathis ext. 112
The Municipal Court handles misdemeanors, traffic violations, and city ordinance violations.
The following offenses require a court appearance:
- Driving while unlicensed, suspended or expired
- No Insurance
- Suspended/revoked Registration
- Hit and Run/Fleeing accident
- Reckless Driving
- Possession of Marijuana
- City Ordinances
- In person during business hours, Mon-Fri, with cash or credit card
- Online (govt windows link)
- Phone: 1-877-915-0059
- Mail money order to the address above please reference your name and citation number on check. Make payable to: City of Jonesboro Municipal Court
If you are appearing in court, you should dress appropriately and in a manner that shows respect for the court.
Please note the following attire is not appropriate in a courtroom setting: Miniskirts or shorts, Ripped or torn jeans exposing skin/body parts, Flip flops, Sunglasses (unless prescribed), Hats inside the courtroom (except those worn for religious purposes), T-shirts depicting violence, sexual acts, profanity, or illegal drugs, Baggy pants that fall below the waist, Tube or halter tops/spaghetti straps/plunging necklines/midriffs. Muscle shirts (usually worn as undergarments).
- No weapons (guns, knives, aerosol sprayers, razor blades, needles etc.)
- Any items construed as a potential weapons may also be taken by court security
The parking lot is located behind the Jonesboro Police Department, and an overflow parking lot is located on Burnside Dr. and Cloud St.