City of Jonesboro
Post Certified Police Officer
The City of Jonesboro is accepting applications for a POST CERTIFIED POLICE OFFICER. Applications will be accepted until 4:00 p.m.– March 15th, 2013. Fax and email transmissions will not be accepted.
Applicants must provide, along with their application, proof of Post Certification and training experience - related to Job requirements.
Minimum qualifications include:
- High School diploma or GED.
- One to two years experience as a Post Certified Police Officer.
- Has the ability to meet current requirements as set forth in the Georgia Mandate Law Enforcement Training Act/Peace Officer's Standards and Training Act.
- Ability to become GCIC certified.
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state laws, criminal and traffic codes, juvenile law, and search and seizure laws.
- The capability to learn City of Jonesboro Ordinances, policies and procedures.
Interested parties may download a copy of the City of Jonesboro Employment application. Insure that the approval for background check is included with your submission.
Applications are to be submitted to:
The City of Jonesboro
Attention: City Clerk
124 North Avenue
Jonesboro, Georgia 30236
*The City of Jonesboro reserves the right to disqualify applicants based on the content, or lack thereof, submitted with the application. The City of Jonesboro is an equal opportunity employer.